Communications Officer, Cambridge -
We are seeking a Communications Officer to help us grow our public profile, membership, develop how we engage with our audiences in order to build our global supporter base, increase engagement and participation through volunteering and develop our income potential to ultimately fulfil our charitable aims.
Our plan is to grow our supporter base by reaching new audiences and engaging people both in the UK and our overseas visitors. Engaging communications (in all media), a vibrant events programme and a strong narrative on the significance of Antarctica will be key in developing our audiences. It is our ambition to build enduring relationships with a growing membership so that they are inspired to pursue a lifelong interest Antarctica.
We are a small team, so, on occasion you will be required to support other areas of our work, such as supporting our Antarctic Operations team, making this unique role both stimulating and rewarding.
UKAHT is a charity which exists to advance the preservation, enhancement and promotion of Antarctic heritage to engage, inform and inspire a global audience. We are a small team based in Cambridge with responsibility for conserving and managing six historic sites and monuments (HSMs) on the Antarctic Peninsula. Port Lockroy is our flagship site, welcoming circa 18,000 visitors each season and is one of the most visited sites in Antarctica.
In addition to our heritage conservation work in Antarctica we have an active programme in the UK. We have a membership scheme ‘Friends of Antarctica’ which we are looking to develop and we support a range of organisations in the UK and abroad to either look after British Antarctic heritage or engage the public with it. We also have a growing programme of public and educational events and activities aimed at engaging new audiences with our Antarctic story.
To read the full application pack and our Job Application Privacy Notice please visit: http://www.ukaht.org/get-involved/jobs/
Job Title: Communications Officer
Reporting to: Administration Manager
Job Role: To raise and maintain the profile of the UK Antarctic Heritage Trust (UKAHT) to a global audience through effective digital and non-digital communications, events, campaigns and other public engagement activity.
Salary: £24,000 pa
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Holidays: 25 pa plus bank holidays
Benefits: Pension upon successful completion of probation (6 months)
- Work with our Marketing and PR agency and wider team to develop and deliver the Communications Strategy for UKAHT to achieve our aims for audience development and engagement, and income.
- Assist in managing the membership database, manage member communications and process new memberships, all within the guidelines of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Produce the Antarctic Times, our biannual magazine for members.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of marketing materials for UKAHT, liaising with suppliers, partners and distributors.
- Carry out market research surveys to better understand our audience needs and ensure we are able to meet them
- Ensure our brand guidelines are used effectively in our own outlets and those of third parties.
Digital and Social Media
- Day to day management of the website ensuring that it is engaging, fresh, high quality and up to date. Proactively develop the website so that it is innovative and constantly improving. Draft new content, liaise with website developers to ensure the number of visits increases and that users get the most from the website.
- Social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and any future channels): to reach our diverse audiences and engage them with our work so that they increase in number and increase their support of UKAHT.
Press and PR
- Work with our Marketing and PR agency to maximise the publicity and media coverage for UKAHT, locally, nationally and internationally by writing content for press releases and developing relationships with key media contacts.
- Facilitate and deliver a programme of events across the UK, organising venues, volunteers and working with the wider team on ticketing, content and delivery.
- Manage communications before, during and after our events, as well as visitor management and venue communications.
- Administer and organise educational activities in schools.
- Be a first point of contact for public enquiries, providing exemplary customer service
- Work with the team to develop a volunteers programme
- Provide the Chief Executive with accurate information and reports on the membership, communications, website and online sales.
- Work flexibly with colleagues in the wider support of the aims of UKAHT.
- Be willing to work flexibly as the role requires – occasional evenings and weekends
Send you CV and covering letter (max 2 sides of A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the names and contact details of two professional referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent line manager.
Deadline for applications: 5pm Monday 18 June 2018.
Interviews: Thursday 12 July 2018 in Cambridge.
Any queries email email@example.com or call 01223 355049.
UKAHT is an Equal Opportunities employer and adheres to Health and Safety legislation.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period. Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images.
By applying to this position, you acknowledge and agree that your CV will be forwarded to the relevant employer as a matter of course, without further reference to you. The employer may then contact you in their sole discretion.
Brand Recruitment offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work. Visit Brand Recruitment online http://www.brandrecruitment.co.uk/ to apply for other key marketing jobs in the Central and Eastern Region. If you have not heard back from us within seven days, please assume that your application has not been successful.