Head of Brand and Marketing – 12 month interim, Huntingdon -
A unique opportunity to manage the transition of a new brand strategy for a large, matrix structured services company based in the Huntingdon region. This is a 12 month interim contract (which may have scope for extension) leading the marketing department through an organisation change programme to ensure that it is fit for purpose to deliver the new strategy.
- Support the business’ 5-year plan by creating the right team structure and creative environment where the marketing output is compelling, engaging and relevant to a diverse audience.
- Establish, lead and govern the development and ongoing management of a centralised annual marketing plan that joins marketing to business commercial objectives and ensures the prioritisation of resource.
- Lead the integration of the company’s new CRM platform, participating in the final tender stages and implementation, and subsequently the phasing out of existing ESPs.
- Accountable for overseeing business needs and supports the business to understand how marketing helps them achieve key objectives goals along with Director of Brand and Communications
- Hold the key agency relationships at senior level and oversees contracts, relationships and performance of key supplier relationships ensuring ways of working, performance reviews and contract deliverables are managed across all teams and touch points. (working closely with procurement partner)
- Supports the Brand and Communications Director in driving culture change to push the business towards a marketing and brand led approach to service development
- Working with the Director of Brand and Communications, work to implement the brand strategy throughout the business; introducing new ways of working to develop the culture and skills needed across the organisation to enable the success of the Brand and Marketing strategy, and the creation and sharing of high quality, targeted content.
- Work with the Head of Knowledge and Insight to flag insight requirements that will develop compelling marketing campaigns that support some of the most challenging KPIs such as support for customers with affordability and vulnerability issues
- Drives best in class agile ways of working both cross-functionally and within Marketing to create and deliver an aligned, prioritised customer-facing plan including settling all the relevant meeting cadence to enable this.
- Act as the central point of contact and controlling mind for marketing; the go-to point of contact for the business in emergencies where marketing planning needs reactive coordination
- Sets strategy and governance for marketing prioritisation, productivity enhancements, and process improvements and works with the team to deliver and execute these in an agile way
- Leads the development and ownership of the brand positioning, customer experience, brand guidelines, TOV and communication vehicles.
- Approval of the end-to-end delivery of activity across all channels against the briefs.
- Leads budget planning, management and reporting for the marketing department, ensuring they are on track vs budget
- Deputises for the Director of Brand and Communications
Skills & experience required:
- Proven experience developing brand strategies and implementing multi-channel activity at scale, that delivers proven ROI.
- Brand expertise from a large organisation operating as a service brand
- A proven track record of leadership and senior management in a large organisation
- Understanding and experience of managing online activity and digital channels.
- Experience managing a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience working at a strategic and pan-organisational level in a distributed and/or matrix environment
- Experience (and confidence) making informed decisions, often under significant pressure
- Able to push back constructively, particularly when working with senior stakeholders.
- Experience of creating and/or delivering a new brand positioning through a business
Due to the location of their Huntingdon office, this role could be of interest to those living in Cambridge, Huntingdon, Kettering, Leicester, Peterborough, Loughborough, Nottingham, Boston, Sleaford, Oakham, Spalding.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant's job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.