Marketing and Communications Manager (contract and part time), Huntingdon -
Hours of Work: Between 21 hours and 28 hours per week contract.
Are you Hunts Forum's new Marketing and Communications Manager?
Hunts Forum is an independent registered charity set up by local organisations in the 1970s to provide a central source of expert help and advice for local groups. Our purpose is to support charitable organisations by providing them with the tools they need to set up and grow. We provide training, oneto-one support and advice to help the community and voluntary groups develop and grow in Huntingdonshire and Fenland.
This post will support Hunts Forum to deliver an outstanding communications and marketing function. We are looking for someone who can raise the organisation's profile and that of the voluntary sector and community action that we represent and support. While also bringing their marketing skills and knowledge to develop new ways and initiatives to improve messages and support offered through all aspects of Hunts Forum's work.
The post holder will do this by:
- Managing the delivery of our communications, social media and other publications; and ensuring all projects are supported in how they deliver their messages.
- Working with members and the wider sector to engage with Hunts Forum services and work more closely together.
- Represent and celebrate the work of both Hunts Forum and the wider VCSE.
The position will be really varied and will likely cover strategic work, as well as implementation also. Wider responsibilities within the position will be:
- Increasing the uptake of membership services and the commercial use of the Maple Centre
- Increase awareness of the charity and its members
- Develop and execute our communications strategy, as well as the management and maintenance of our Zoho CRM system
- Develop the marketing strategy by building on what has gone before.
- Using marketing techniques and knowledge, develop new initiatives on how to implement new communication channels and develop them to impact both the charity and members.
- Support the CEO and Deputy CEO in looking at how marketing and communications can be used to build reach and engagement, and also demonstrate impact but also need.
The role will include diverse areas of work, including the execution of marketing plans, copywriting a multitude of communications materials, the usage of digital marketing channels, the development of traditional communications (such as newspaper articles) and extensive work with stakeholders across the whole organisation.
Benefits of working for Hunts Forum;
- 28 days annual leave (for full time staff and pro-rata for part-time staff) plus bank holiday
- Office closed between Christmas/New Year (you will be required to use some annual leave to cover this)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working – homeworking/ on site (depending on job role)
- Pension contribution of 3%
In order to apply for this position either click ‘apply’ or send your CV and/or cover note through to [email protected] where your application will be reviewed. The closing date for the role is February 18th and the process will likely consist of two interviews, both online and in a face-to-face capacity.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period. Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images.
By applying to this position, you acknowledge and agree that your CV will be forwarded to the relevant employer as a matter of course, without further reference to you. The employer may then contact you in their sole discretion.