Product Manager (12 Month FTC), St. Neots -
A newly created opportunity, initially available on a 12 month fixed term contract basis but with the possibility to go permanent, for an experienced product manager to develop a robust three year innovation strategy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of consumer, market and financial data for key brands to ensure that there is a pipeline of new products that deliver to the brand growth strategy.
- Lead and implement the NPD process from inception to creation, working collaboratively with a number of different functions both internally and externally.
- Critical path management – full understanding of the critical dates, liaising with suppliers, manufacturing, agencies and internal stakeholders to deliver all activation on time and on budget.
- Present ideas for new brands and product ranges including demonstrating an understanding of commercial awareness relating to pricing, supply base, target customers, etc. and the fit within the category.
- Track, analyse, evaluate and report on the performance of key projects against objectives.
- Partner with creative agencies to deliver all activation assets on time and on budget.
Skills & experience required:
- Several years’ leading and managing NPD projects within the consumer sector and bringing innovation ideas into the business from ideation to launch.
- Passionate about product innovation.
- Commercially astute with strong analytical ability and an entrepreneurial approach.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to drive and manage multiple innovation projects simultaneously.
- The ability to develop things from scratch and be able to operate effectively in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence key business stakeholders.
This is a key role for the business and comes with plenty of autonomy and a high level of responsibility. There will be support from external agencies, however, this is a hands-on role and you will be expected to get involved at all levels.
If this advert has piqued your interest and you have a relevant background then please get in touch so we can share further information with you and tell you more about why this is such a good opportunity.
Due to the office location, this role is commutable to those living in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Cambridge, St Neots, Huntingdon, Cambourne, St Ives, Peterborough, Sandy, Biggleswade, Wellingborough and Northampton.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant's job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.