Marketing Director, Saffron Walden -
We’ve partnered exclusively with a very successful manufacturing equipment company, which has been selling its products (chemistry equipment) globally for over 50 years. They are looking to bring in a new Marketing Director where you’ll lead be leading a team of seven, responsible for growing the business through product management, demand generation and brand development. The role sits within the senior leadership team, and you will have full P&L visibility.
Please note, that you’ll need to have experience in a director level marketing role coming from a similar manufacturing/equipment business, as well as extensive product management background. Given the nature of their products and the clients they sell to, it would be desirable if you have education within their field, for example, a chemistry degree MSc or even PhD would put you in a very favourable position!
- Product Management. Define company target segments. Understand the needs of current and prospective customers in those segments and manage the company’s product portfolio to fit these requirements
- Product Marketing. Market the existing product portfolio and launch new products to market, ensuring that the sales team and distributors are fully informed and selling effectively
- Manage the company website and ecommerce platforms
- Demand Generation Generate new business opportunities for company’s products in target geographies to meet sales targets
- Be the guardian of the company brand, maintaining agreed visual and written standards, positioning and messaging
- Build and manage a high-performance marketing team
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar director level role, with a good record of achievement covering demand generation and product marketing, plus management of a marketing team
- Previous experience as a product manager or product marketing manager
- High awareness of the contract research/development/manufacturing chemistry business
- Ideally, you’ll have experience in a business that sells via independent international distributors
- Knowledge of current CRM and digital marketing systems, ideally Salesforce/Pardot, WordPress and WooCommerce
- Degree level education in chemistry or a relevant alternative
This is a fantastic role with excellent benefits and strong progression/reward opportunities. If this sounds like something you could be interested in, then please get in touch. Due to the location of the offices, this role is commutable from Cambridge, Newmarket, Braintree, Bishop’s Stortford, Harlow, Ware, Hertford, Duxford, Sawston, Royston and Haverhill.