VP Marketing Communications, Bury St Edmunds -
Working in partnership with a global technology business we are searching for a VP of Marketing Communications who can develop and execute their global marketing strategy to drive business growth.
If you are the right fit for this business you will have a broad range of B2B and B2C experience at senior level, ideally having worked for a small to medium sized manufacturing business on a global scale and been accountable for setting and executing the entire marketing function, as opposed to taking direction from a corporate head office. If you have experience working for a business that owns multiple brands and has been through a period of change then this would be a distinct advantage.
You will have significant 360˚ global marketing expertise building brand awareness and a successful track record of achieving results in a dynamic environment. You will be highly commercial, an excellent communicator, results-oriented, flexible and creative, used to managing teams, executing scalable strategies and measuring return on marketing spend. We’re looking for someone who can think strategically but is also happy to roll up their sleeves and get the work done.
You will work closely with colleagues in sales and product marketing across the world so you’ll need to be comfortable working with remote teams at appropriate hours and be happy to travel internationally when required. Reporting to the Divisional CEO, this is a high profile role leading the global marketing communications team.
- Work closely with Divisional CEO and other senior level personnel to define, implement, and manage the global marketing strategy to drive growth
- Research industry trends and competitive environments, and lead customer and market-centric thinking to develop the marketing strategy
- Build and enhance recognition of the businesses brands and products, including thought-leadership and educational campaigns
- Work with internal stakeholders (sales and product marketing) to develop new product launches and engaging lead generation campaigns, crafting compelling content, messaging and positioning in the market
- Build, further develop and leverage relationships with industry influencers, media and brand ambassadors
- Further develop and deliver the Division’s digital strategy and marketing systems to grow on- and off-line communities
- Provide clear direction and leadership to the team, establishing team and individual goals and metrics to ensure that all marketing programmes are successful, metrics-driven and goal-oriented
- Share best practice and co-ordinate with other divisions within the business
Skills and experience:
The business are looking to appoint a senior, strategic marketing specialist who leads from the front and has experience running B2C and B2B marketing for global brands. You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing or related discipline
- 10+ years of marketing experience, preferably in a similar industry or the technology sector
- 5+ years of global marketing leadership experience
- Proven record of supporting business performance adding value through creating effective marketing strategies
- B2B channel and B2C end user marketing experience
- Experience in building brand awareness and recognition
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing senior level reports and prioritising resources with a focus on ROI
- You must understand technology from a manufacturing perspective and be able to converse with engineers as you will work collaboratively with product marketing, product management and sales
If this opportunity has piqued your interest and you have the relevant background please apply at your earliest convenience and/or get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Due to the location of their Banbury office, this role could be of interest to those living in Cambridge, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket, Ipswich, Colchester, Chelmsford, Braintree, Saffron Walden, Bishop’s Stortford, and Peterborough.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant's job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.