One of Cambridge’s leading specialist publishers is seeking a Data Manager in a newly-created specific role to will enable them to harness their data and exploit it in a robust, efficient, legal and profitable way.
As Data Manager, answering to the Head of IT and Web Development, you will take control of the development and use of their data, which is predominantly used to serve their publishing platforms.
You will be expected to oversee all aspects of data collection, storage, extraction, analysis, and dissemination as required by internal stakeholders, developing continuous improvements to their current processes, that take into account legal requirements and industry best practice.
You will have a strong understanding of databases and data analysis procedures, and be tech-savvy possessing excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Creating and enforcing policies for effective data management
- Formulating management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Devising and implementing efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Ensuring compliance with upcoming GDPR legislation
- With the above in mind, establishing and communicating clear rules for the use of data by internal and external stakeholders
- Support others with the use of data systems, and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Developing future data platforms as needs arise
- Proven experience in a similar data role
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.) and ideally Oracle/SQL
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with Google statistical packages
This is a fantastic role with many benefits, such as a relaxed and friendly working environment, and a very generous holiday allowance. Candidates must be hard working self-starters, looking for a position that can offer real stability.
This really is a fantastic role for an experienced upcoming data professional, or an establish candidate looking for work flexibility to take a position at a successful and market leading organisation.
Due to their location this position is commutable from Ely, Peterborough, Cambridge, Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Norwich, Royston, Bedford, St Ives, Huntingdon , Hitchin, Stevenage and St Neots.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant's job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.