Communications Manager, Dunstable -
A leading brand in the leisure and travel industry with a fantastic reputation are looking for an experienced Communications Manager to join their busy team.
Although they have seen massive growth over the years, the business itself retains a close-knit feel and the team work together collaboratively on all projects with a supportive and motivational atmosphere.
We’re looking for a Communications Manager with proven experience working in a busy press office or with a journalism background. You would be responsible for proactively promoting the business to consumers through media, PR and broader communications channels.
Day to day, you could be:
- Maintaining and managing their busy press office – responding to press enquiries in a timely and professional manner and providing relevant materials where needed
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key media contacts in the local, national and trade press
- Creating communications materials including press releases, blog posts, articles, website content and copy – in addition to video and imagery
- Identifying media opportunities to promote the business proactively and drive positive brand association
Please note, due to the nature of this business, the role will not always be a traditional 9-5 model, and there will be times when you will need to be available outside of traditional business hours to suit business needs. A degree of flexibility would be required to accommodate this when needed.
We’re looking for a Communications Manager with at least 4-5 years’ experience working in a busy PR agency, press office or with a journalistic background who is proactive in their approach and always looking for ways to positively promote the organisation.
You also need…
- Experience working within a B2C brand’s busy press office – travel, leisure or tourism experience would be even better
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to maintain and develop beneficial relationships with journalists
- A naturally inquisitive and curious personality, with a real passion for communications and your role
- Prior experience in a line management or mentoring capacity in your roles, as you will be managing 2 direct reports
T’s & C’s
Hybrid working – from day one, you’ll be given the opportunity to work from home 2-3 days a week, with the remaining days being based in their Bedfordshire office. As mentioned above, there will be times where you will need to be available outside the traditional 9-5 office hours in line with business needs, so a degree of flexibility will be required.
Due to the fantastic commuter links, this role would be easily commutable for those based in Dunstable, Luton, Leighton Buzzard, Hitchin, Stevenage, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Borehamwood, London Colney, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Bedford, Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Bletchley, Royston, Watford and Letchworth Garden City.